History of Our Church

East Shore Unitarian Universalist Church started off as the East Shore Unitarian Fellowship in 1956 in Mentor, Ohio. The Fellowship grew to become the East Shore Unitarian Church when the Greystone Manor at Route 90 and US 615 was purchased in 1960.

After the Unitarian and Universalist churches merged, the church adopted the name East Shore Unitarian Universalist Church. As a freeway entrance was to be built at that intersection, an opportunity to move arose and the present location at 10848 Chillicothe Road in Kirtland, Ohio was selected

In 1997 the new church design by architect Thomas Ziska was selected and the congregation moved in on November 8, 1998.